Thursday, March 17, 2011

A quarter of the way through this Italian journey.


Last weekend was a busy one spent in Siena, Arrezo, Mount Oliveto, and Florence.  There was a lot jammed into a little amount of time, making me excited to go back to these places for another visit to see the things we missed.  In fact, a group of us liked Siena so much that we will be traveling back again tomorrow J

Here’s a quick summary…Getting lost taking pictures in Siena, chocolate covered pears, hormonal teenagers everywhere, and intricate and famous artwork.

Today I was told that we are a quarter of the way into the semester, this is both hard and easy to believe.

Hard to believe because…
-So many places I still want to go to and so much exploring I still want to do!
- Today I spoke to someone in Indonesian instead of Italian.
- I still forget if Rome is North or South of Orvieto. I don’t really know why I just admitted this.
- We are still being served pasta in ways that I never knew existed.  This is impressive when you are having pasta at least once a day.  (Today we ate noodles called ‘ear lobe noodles’)
- I still don’t really like pizza.

Easy to Believe because...
- Today I was trying to guess the date and my first guess was the 10th and my next was the 20th.
- Me and the fruit and nut man at the market are on a first name basis.
- I have an official library card with my name on it.
- I am already sick of wearing the clothes I brought.  
- Rather than being the one asking for directions, I gave a group tourists directions to a café today.

 What else happened this week in Orvieto?
- Attended my first Italian birthday party (Intergalactic themed, might I add.)
- I actually attempted this whole homework in Italy thing.  It is really hard to deny all Italy has to offer and sit inside a library writing a paper on a frescoe cycle.
- We’ve started a bible study small group here. 

 I have been trying to upload pictures from this weekend but it the internet is horrible.  So hopefully next time I can get those up! Wellll due to the fact that the season finale of the bachelor is finally done loading on my laptop, I am going to bring this post to an end.  (Go ahead and judge.) 










1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Brings back so many memories! Ohh and ps.. totally not judging you on the bachelor... definitely planned many Monday nights around it. :)

    ReplyDelete